Thursday, June 10, 2010

First Trip Outdoors Postponed

Because we finally got some rain, the pups didn't get to make their inaugural excursion to the great outdoors yesterday on their 6 weeks birthday. And today is more of the same while the next 3-4 days are supposed to be in the 90s. Looks like they'll be closer to 7 weeks... or more... before they get to feel the breeze in their faces!

No Pups Available
I have decided to take Spider off the market for right now because of her very small size compared to the rest of the litter. I always tend to err on the side of caution although, in all probability, there is absolutely nothing wrong with her... and thevet has already seen her... but often the little tiny ones have a hear or liver problem that doesn't show up until they're older and much more active. I'd just rather not promise her to anyone and then have something show up... better safe than sorry!

Atten: Folks with Earliest Picks
One way or another, I'll get some more pictures this weekend. Picks MUST be made by the time the litter is 8 weeks old. A number of families with later picks already know which puppies THEY'd prefer and the suspense is killing them! The first pick, the black and tan male, Brother, is moving to PA to live with his older half-sister, but no one else has definitely been claimed. Personality-wise, everyone is pretty much the same. Not one bully or recluse in the litter... which is par for the course.

Another Dood Checks In

Skip in Atlanta sent me birthday pictures of 6 years old Cooper, enjoying himself at the lake. Happy birthday, big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.